Micro filtration is defined to pore sizes from 0,1 to 10 micron. This means that micro filtration removes microorganisms and bacteria depending and micro filtration even removes some viruses as the viruses attach themselves to biofilm.
Typical applications for microfiltration is:
- Swimming pools
- Pre-filtration for RO (Reverse Osmosis)
- Separation of solids from liquid
- Separation of bacteria from liquid
LiqTech Systems offer a number of standard MF units for the swimming pool industry with a pore size of 1 or 3 micron. Compared to traditional sand filters that typically operates at approx. 10 micron these systems offer a lot of advantages:
- Removal of bacteria
- Removal of microorganisms like Cryptosporidium
- Removal of smaller organic- and inorganic particles
- Improved Turbidity
Shower Unit, MF
We also design and build customized MF solutions for specific applications within the industrial, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, water supply and water reclamation segments.